Thursday, February 28, 2013

Virginia got their magical moment! Their fans can now exhale and breathe easy. I've moved them from out of the field all the way up to a #9 seed and they can only go up,up and away from here.

Because of the Cavaliers now rock solid inclusion into the tournament I had to bounce someone and I thought long and hard about it. I had Wichita State and Saint Mary's in my head and I bounced the Gaels.

Why would I bounce the Gaels? They're 25-5 baby you can't do that!

Then I looked deeper. Their RPI is right there on the fringe/cut line of an 11/12 seed and here's where I drew the line. They made absolutely NO ATTEMPT to schedule anyone in the Non Conference. When I look deeper they lost to Pacific/Georgia Tech/Northern Iowa. I don't care if you lost to Gonzaga twice and beat the rest of the cupcakes on your schedule that doesn't cut it for me unless we're counting HARVARD as a powerhouse.

I'll tell you what Saint Marys is this year. They're Louisiana Tech plus a Creighton win that doesn't mean as much now before the Bluejays slide as they're also hanging on by a thread.

2 comments:

  1. Yes - thanks for getting Virginia into your Bracket. We showed we belong last night. Wish it was played at home LOL.

    Thanks!

    DCWahooFan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem and I indeed watched the entire game last night. Everytime Duke loses it feels like Christmas Morning!

    Congrats on your teams Season changing moment and "Safe" status for the NCAA's.

    ReplyDelete